ASN has extensive knowledge and expertise in conducting aviation incident investigations.
Simon Carter has extensive incident investigation experience utilised in his previous employment to conduct internal investigations and provide data to the ATSB. Adam Price has been trained in accident investigation at the University of Southern California.
ASN has been repeatedly requested by clients to conduct aviation incident investigations on their behalf. Examples of incidents investigations include:
- Breakdown in crew SOP and subsequent failure to pressurise the aircraft.
- Engine failure of a PA31 aircraft.
- Geophysical survey incident in which a towed bird impacted trees during flight.
- Helicopter external load synthetic cable failure.
- UAV loss of control.
- Foreign object damage to a fenestron tail rotor.
Investigations are conducted in accordance with ICAO recommended practices.